Sweetlix® Bloat Guard Pressed Block 33.3 lb
Product InformationFor control of legume (alfalfa, clover) bloat in cattle when consumed at the indicated rate.
• Protects against frothy bloat in legume and wheat pastures when used as
• Allows worry-free utilization of high quality legume pastures.
• Consistent consumption results in continuous delivery of Bloat Guard and thus
• Weather-resistant blocks can be placed directly in pastures with cattle and
require no special feeders or bunks
CAUTION: USE AS DIRECTED. Consumption of selenium should not exceed 3 mg per head daily. Access to, and intake of blocks may be limited during or directly after heavy rain or dew, and after frost or change of pasture. Variation in cattle routine may change their feeding and watering habits. Relocate blocks immediately as necessary. Special caution should be taken. Water high in salt and alkaline soils limit consumption and performance.
1. To be fed at the rate of 0.8 oz. of block per 100 lb. of body weight per day.
Example: 8 oz. (0.5 lb.) of block for a 1000 lb. animal daily.
2. For adequate protection it is essential that each animal consume the total
recommended dosage of SWEETLIX Bloat Guard Block Daily.
3. Omit all salt from feed. Do not feed free choice sources of salt or mineral
containing salt in any form. These blocks are an adequate source of salt.
4. Begin feeding blocks continuously. Feed blocks and full feed dry non-legume
hay at least 48 hours prior to legume (alfalfa, clover) consumption. Repeat
when block consumption is interrupted to maintain control.
5. Provide at least 1 block for each 5 head of cattle; add 1 additional block when
each block has been half-consumed.
6. The location of the block is extremely important for adequate consumption.
Place blocks where cattle congregate (watering, grazing and loafing areas) in
order to limit the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a
7. Controlled grazing practices (Strip Grazing) are recommended in order to limit
the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a block.
8. In some instances, it may be necessary to confine cattle in a dry lot with
additional SWEETLIX Bloat Guard Blocks for a period each day.
Crude Protein, Min 4.00%
Crude Fat, Min 0.05%
Crude Fiber, Max 17.00%
Salt, Min 19.50%
Salt, Max 23.00%
Potassium, Min 3.50%
Iodine, Min 43 ppm
Selenium, Min 12.5 ppm
Active Drug Ingredient:
Molasses Products, Roughage Products, Salt, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide and Calcium Carbonate.